Thursday, November 13, 2014

Finals.

Just a short entry to get away from the nightmare that is finals week.

Finals week is not what the professors thought it would be. Instead of submitting your best works and putting in your best efforts in every submission you produce, it has become a time when we churn out whatever shit we can within a limited amount of time and under the most unconducive of conditions.

We never have the luxury of time to put in our best and produce the best of the best we can because we have to meet a deadline. And on top of that, all 6 modules have submissions. In the same fucking week. And we are given roughly two weeks, give or take, to complete everything. How the professors or director think it is possible, I do not comprehend.

I plan to give in my best in everything I submit, I have it all planned out. Yet the deadline is looming in and we are all forced to submit our sub-par work and call it our masterpiece and great takeaway from the semester.

I feel like I could really do a whole lot better if given the time.

Surviving on little to no sleep (eg 1 hour naps each day) is slowly taking a tow on all of us. I don't even know how much sleep I get these past few days because there is no time to even calculate. And I never planned for any sleep time, they were all crashes I had in the midst of doing work.

How I am supposed to cope with no sleep and complete all this shit and not produce shit is beyond me.

I am done ranting. Have to plan for my film shoot now. The previous one went on for 10 hours and I'm not even halfway through my short film. Which is supposedly 2-5 mins long. This is too much work for the end result I know I am going to achieve. I know it won't be great but I'll do it anyway.

Until after finals. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment