Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 2014

So this month (half a month) has been rather eventful. The most eventful month these two years I would say. In a way that says i-actually-achieved-something. So firstly, I got my driver's license at the start of the month, which was an almost-fail-barely-pass kind of thing. Got a tremendous 8 points when I was turning back to school but it's not my fault (not entirely) because if I did the alternative, it would deem an immediate failure.

Okay the driver's license is not the main point. The main point is... I GOT THAT HOT INSTRUCTOR AGAIN. Okay I was kind of hoping it was gonna be him but kind of not because I look shitty that day and also because he wasn't exactly that kind of instructor I needed for the last lesson before my actual test. I needed someone who would talk a lot of crap and tell me a lot of things and also someone who has never taken me before to tell me my flaws. But it was good HAHAHA. The lesson was good. He was hot, as usual. His eyes are really nice!!! He has big, deep eyes and nice double eyelids. Eyes are really important to me. I could go on and on about him but that would be really boring, Anyway, he wished me luck at the end of the lesson and that gave me a lot of encouragement hahaha, for some reason unknown. (He is Scottish-Peranakan which is pretty cool. Yes I stalked him. Semi-scottish guys are always good, cue Jesse McCartney photo. Peranakans also good, half malay half chinese. Good Good. But he's old ): )

I also saw my fav instructor (because he damn chillax but also very good at teaching) on the last few lessons and he was in another car and he also saw me and he remembered me!! Feels good to be remembered even though I only had 3 lessons with him and he had so many students too. OHYA, HOT INSTRUCTOR ALSO REMEMBERED MY TEST DATE AND TIME. On my second lesson with him, and I told him like 3 days ago. I mean it is shocking because if I was him, I wouldn't remember this kind of shit hahaha. So honoured man.

Also, I got admitted into NTU ADM. Is this where I am supposed to go OMFG and cheer tremendously? I was pretty psyched the day I opened my email. But the next day I felt pretty normal. I guess it was because I was actually prepared to clear up my shit head and be ready to enter UB at SIM and face nosyparkers and their bombardment of questions at the next few family gatherings. But then again, I can't believe I got accepted. My portfolio was practically 70% crap. Which reminds me, I need to collect it back from the office because there actually are some pieces that I want back. Okay here's the full story about my acceptance:

I was minding my own business (literally, because I went to take a dump) and took a toilet break at work. I checked my email because I didn't want to waste precious precious data on tumblr (what else do you do when you're making business??) and when the emails loaded and the notifications flooded in, my heart started beating so fast. And before I could log in to the NTU website to check the acceptance letter, the email titled "NTU FRESHMEN GUIDE" came in and I started tearing. Legit tears of joy. I have never ever experienced it before. I have always wanted to. I FUCKING MADE IT. LOOK MA, SOME UNI WANTS ME. So I logged into the NTU portal and looked at the letter to be sure and sure as fucking hell I was accepted. I screenshot the letter and sent it to everyone (whom I personally told that I am retaking A levels for the sake of getting into a local uni, which was about 8 only, excluding my family) and also my family whatsapp group. My sister was excited as fuck HAHAHA. Sorry for the excessive use of the f word but it is SO versatile yet expressive. And everyone else was also really happy for me about it (or at least the say hahaha I am very doubtful sometimes because i thought everyone hates me and wants to see me die in the worse and most painful way ever). The news spread VERY quickly in my maternal side of the family and my grandma was very very happy about it because i joked about quitting school and joining the work force to her one day. She was so scared hahaha. So cute. She called me a few times and said I need to treat the entire family a meal. I am going to school, not working so where am I supposed to find the money hahaha. But it was like a miracle to her. I love her to bits omg she's so cute. And I also tweeted about it as soon as I left the toilet (before I screenshot it to people) and Yiting was and IS THE ONLY SMART FRIEND I HAVE. Or maybe the only friend I have who actually cares *inserts broken heart emoji* (omg what if she doesn't actually like me but she's just really smart but here i am self-declaring she is my friend) I DON'T CARE BECAUSE YOU ARE MY FRIEND. MINE. MINE. MINE. Okay back to my point. The moral of the story is: Toilets are the best places on Earth. I always get my inspirations there. And I received good news there. It's my new favourite place.

Matriculation (or trying to) is really a pain in the assssssss omg. I need to register myself as a student. And I can only matriculate in July. And I have to REMEMBER to go matriculate. Or else back to UB I go hahaha. I'm gonna reject UB a second time omg. $80 down the drain AGAIN. Applied for ADMFOC camp (13-18July) and Union camp (22-26July) and waiting for my Hall allocation so I can apply for the camp as well. I am actually not sure when school starts because only after I matriculate (IN JULY) then I can get the package. Sigh. What is this. I am so scared that I forgot something and can't go to school hahaha. Because the NUS camps and matriculation and stuff are already on now. Actually, pretty excited about school but also pretty nervous because the people there are gonna dress nice/look pretty and be smart/talented and what do I have????????????????????????????????????????????????? ( I spent the time tapping on each question mark to think about what I have but I can't think of any.)

I think I'm done talking about uni stuff. Didn't want to post anything about it because I didn't want to talk about it if I didn't get in, so I thought I shouldn't post about it even if I got in as well. But yiting said something about waiting for my celebratory post so I am posting my story hahaha. Or what I remember of it.

There's a really (self-proclaimed) deep post about my results from March earlier on and I intended to consolidate everything about A level results to uni postings in that post but it's gonna be separate because this story sounds so crappy hahaha. It's gonna come out some time soon, when I feel like posting it! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast forward to present time, I actually wanted to post about a book I recently bought (on impulse but I think it is a good read, so far) from kino, AT FULL PRICE. The second book I ever bought at full price for myself. The first one was a Jeffrey Archer book I've been wanting since forever. This new one is called 59 seconds: Think a little, change a lot. It has been a rather eye-opening and self-realizing read so far, and I will talk about it more in future maybe? If it's good I'll buy it for people hahaha. Or lend it to them.

So one thing the book mentioned about a study was that people who have control of something, even trivial things, in their lives would live happier/longer. One research was to give old people a small plant and one group would be told to take care of the plant themselves, whereas another group would be told that their plant would be taken care by a nurse. The group who was allowed to take care of their own plant lived happier and longer. And it made me remember how I used to asked my parents to buy me a cactus (because there is commitment but there also isn't!!! Do you see hahaha. Like I have to take care of it but not everyday!!!) and I tried taking care of it so that I would have something meaningful in my life. But guess what. I am the motherfucker who is able to let a fucking cactus SHRIVEL AND WITHER AND DIE. It literally disappeared into the soil it was growing on. It disintegrated into nutrients/mineral salts IN MY CARE.

Another thing was to write a diary, of small notations whenever you feel angry/sad. Rather than talking to people about it. Because writing requires you to put it in more a less a formal tone and helps you to organize thoughts and come up with effective solutions to the problems you have whereas talking is informal and unorganized. I think it's true because I always find it more relieving to write my thoughts down (literally write, not type on a blogpost) rather than vent to someone over the phone. If it was a matter I am able to tell someone over the phone, it would be a trivial enough one for me to share with people. If it was important, I sure as hell wouldn't be telling it to other people outside of the situation. I recently got my Traveler's Notebook and the paper is superbly nice to write on. Have been writing in there recently and am going to keep it up (: Rubbish thoughts will continue to be posted up on this blog hahaha. (rubbish aka things I do not deem important enough for me to self-reflect on in years to come)

I think I'm done for the day. I told myself I am gonna sleep at 9pm and now it's already 12.30 MN ):

Goodnight loved ones! <3

PS: I am missing driving lessons because they were so fun and I really looked forward to them all the time! It's so fun to drive around aimlessly and have someone beside you who is qualified/experienced enough to save you from getting into any danger. And human GPS. AND HOT INSTRUCTORS.

No comments:

Post a Comment